Storage Integrity Solutions

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 03:50:02 PDT 2021

Does anyone know of good solutions to this issue?

> I'm struggling to find a way to preserve data
> across corrupt systems damaging it and
> harddrives that break frequently.  This is very
> hard for me to solve.

I'm basically running off a raspberry pi right now.  I don't have a lot of
finances.  I do have a number of external drives, but they tend to break
faster than I can recover my files from them, resulting in a big queue of
"to image/analyse" .

I've been using git-annex, but I'm running into the issue that `git annex
repair` seems to wipe my git history when I run into object corruption.

What kinds of solutions exist already for large hash-addressed data
integrity with history, that will work when the storage media are failing
quickly?