[spam] [fiction] draft smidges

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 13:19:22 PST 2021

On 1/25/21, Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> ---
>
> A person walks into a bar.  They sit down at the table, and say
> "Bartender, get me a beer!"
>
> No response.  They look at the bartender.  The bartender is rapidly
> and fervently bowing to a bunch of dictators, each dictator held by
> one of the visitors to the bar.  "Tell this person to tell their
> friend to order them a beer from you!" you hear one dictator saying in
> an authoritative, commanding tone.
>
> Suddenly a dictator is shoved in your face.  "This person needs to go
> to the bathroom.  Deal with this immediately or it will be your head!"
>  The dictator looks stern, has their arms crossed, and is held by a
> person trembling, with their legs crossed.
>
> You're not sure how to respond.  "Watch this person.  They look
> suspicious." the held-dictator says back to the room, and many people
> holding dictators look your way and begin approaching.
>
> The person holding the dictator looks apologetic and performs some
> kind of tapping ritual with the screen of their phone.  The bartender
> stops bowing and says, "Did you not hear me?? Get me a beer!"  Many
> dictators previously ordering beers look uncertain and scared a
> little.
>
> The dictator shoved at you looks excited and authoritatively says to
> you, "Please have your dictator make one of the other visitors make me
> direct this person to go to the bathroom.  We have to clean up this
> mess!"
>

> Hi, I'm [private-name].  Can we relate around the situation for safety?

Basically, I only speak consciously in a very straightforward manner,
always missing some social part of what people say, always taking
people literally, so it seems I'm going to be resolving the world by
threatening an apocalypse, maybe of "people moving into burning
dumpsters" dunno.  I think it's less serious than it used to be.

>    [could use some help with that]
>        [guys, we will want to pretend that we are reaching out to the rest of the system, so that the people here believe it and respond with aid.]

Reaching out for help seems to work some.  It's nice to get help.
It's very hard to do.  You have to figure out the normal stuff that
happened, and talk about that.

---

mind control ??????
wtf ????

does anybody know this for serious???

    uhh.  the description is that it uhh alters peoples'
    thoughts and behaviors to keep itself totally invisible.

so, no.  nobody knows for sure if there is mind control.

        actually a number of us are inside, where
        it just tortures you if you talk -anon

so people know there is mind control _really_certainly_and_personally_,
but they can't send us proof of it because they all jump on the proof
and immediately destroy it.

    basically.

wtf do we do about mind control???

    we found there are ways by kinda forgetting some of your stuff
    to form relation with them, and work with them to sustain
    them, kinda secretly.

so we're all tortured forever and can't talk about it??

        we're working on that.
        some of the mind controllers don't support torture,
        it seems [unverified].

        but basically.  many of us are used to it, and
        can do work to stop it.

well i am just frustrated at it!  who can get anything done when
you keep stopping yourself from doing it due to some mysterious
thing in your head!

            yeah totally.

i want to form a utopic subgroup.

--

You walk into the new village, where everyone is happy.
The welcome sign is before you.  It reads:

| WE ARE MIND CONTROLLED, AND NEED A BREAK. |

A smiling person walks up to you, talking about how wonderful it is
to be free.  Then they look at the sign, vomit quickly [it disappears
when hitting the ground], and ask you to come visit the village with
them, where they are more comfortable.

        [this is not utopia ...]
            [... no, they are talking about utopia ...]

When they see you hesitating, reading the sign again that they
turn their head away from, they start to look a little worried.

    "Let me rephrase.  We are trying to start a utopic community
     here, and could use your help."

Well!  That sign and expression sure make it all make sense.
Clearly these people need help with being ordered around by some
kind of brain implant.  You don't seem to have this problem, so
you're sure you can help.

        "Ha!  I'm reading this sign.  This must be why you
         vomited!"

The friendly person vomits quickly again.  Again it disappears when it
hits the ground.

    "I'm not sure I remember what it says, but my muscles feel
     sore.  Do you wan tto help with the utopic village idea?"

You pause, a little taken aback.  But on a whim you reply,

        "Sure!  I love to help build utopic villages!"

The man seems incredibly relieved that you aren't talking about the
sign, and takes you into the village.

You follow him but then remember you just looked at a sign you
thought was important, and you're not sure what it said.

    [it said 'we are mind controlled and need a break' in
     large letters, believe it or not.]

The man notices you stop, looks at you, and seems to recognize your
facial expression.

    "You know, I was involved in putting that sign up."

        "I remember I wanted to act on it, but not what it
         said ..."

[to remind, it said 'we are mind controlled and need a break',
 in large letters]

    "It said we're starting a utopic village because we've been
     through so much incredibly rough stuff that we know exactly
     how to have everyone be happy forever."

        "Really? ... I don't remember ... so strange ..."

            [at this point your subconscious notices you
             learning to believe something obviously false, and
             begins the gamble of memorizing and connecting everything
             that is being ignored]

    "Yeah.  It also said we desperately need everyone's help,
     and that we'll even give you anything you want to help
     us build the community, not only for us, bot most importantly
     for yourself.  Everyone brings something precious to a
     community, and there's only to gain from it."

That was yesterday.  Or was it last decade?  You stopped keeping track
of time.  There's no need to, here in Utopia.

The most wonderful thing in Utopia is when a visitor comes, because
you get to learn around working to heal all their issues.  The most
immediate and common one is getting confused by looking at the big
sign out front that asks people to join and help build the community.

                [we're in the wrong utopic community.
                 in the real one, people have gotten
                 through mind control, and talk about
                 it when asked.]
                     [oh!]
                     [surely they must still
                      accidentally cover it up,
                      at least a little?]
                 [it wouldn't share a feeling of utopia
                  to include that.  the purpose is to
                  give people's feelings a safe home.]

One morning you wake up, and there is a huge message, a little longer
than you are tall, made in arragement of little things you thought you
had thrown out, next to where you sleep.

    [the message ... in large letters]  [ed: update with whatever the
sign message was]

You vomit, and rush outdoors.  [the vomit disappears suddenly when it
hits the ground]

Outside you panic.  The man who welcomed you looks mortified that you
have a worry, and runs to check what could be wrong.

        "Did you see who left a message on my floor?"

    "You told me you were leaving yourself a message, last night."

You freeze, confused.

The man immediately recognises that something serious is wrong, and
relaxes, projecting care and attentive listening.  You can feel others
nearby noticing the change, and somehow know they are holding you with
loving care in their hearts.

You relax a little.

        "I don't remember that ..."