What advantage does Signal protocol have over basic public key encryption?

David Barrett dbarrett at expensify.com
Sun Jan 24 14:04:10 PST 2021

Well, centralized routing and US government investment shouldn't change the
math of the security itself. So long as the design is secure, that
shouldn't really matter.

Regardless, can you see any flaw in my reasoning regarding the signal
protocol's advantage over simple public key encryption? Thank you!

David