What advantage does Signal protocol have over basic public key encryption?

Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Sun Jan 24 13:54:09 PST 2021

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 13:02:24 -0800
David Barrett <dbarrett at expensify.com> wrote:

> Signal  protocol ...on the surface it seems _really_ complicated in order to
> protect against only a very narrow range of attacks.

	that is my impression as well. On the other hand signal has very serious propblems like requiring people to link their 'identity' to a retarphone and the fact that all messages are routed through signal-NSA servers. I.e. signal is fully centralized.

	you have to take into account that 'moxie' got 3 millions from the US govt. And a lot more from some other silicon valley oligarch.