Donald Trump will make decision on pardoning Assange, Snowden and Ulbricht 'by the weekend'.

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 17 15:43:22 PST 2021

Donald Trump Will Make Decision On Pardoning Assange, Snowden & Ulbricht ‘By The Weekend,’ Commentator Says (inquisitr.com)

Donald Trump Will Make Decision On Pardoning Assange, Snowden & Ulbricht ‘By The Weekend,’ Commentator Says
Conservative commentator and One America News Network anchor Jack Posobiec claimed on Thursday that Donald Trump will soon decide whether to pardon Julian Assange, Edward Snowden, and Ross Ulbricht.
“Can confirm the President has now seen this poll. His response, ‘We’ll see by the weekend,'” he tweeted.

Posobiec was referring to a Twitter poll he posted earlier in the day that asked Trump supporters whether the outgoing head of state should pardon the trio. The results as of Thursday evening show that 95 percent of respondents — over 67,000 thus far — said yes.

Assange is currently imprisoned in Belmarsh prison in London, England — a facility typically reserved for seasoned criminals. As reported by The New York Times, supporters of the WikiLeaks founder are currently engaged in a last-minute effort to secure the journalist’s release. According to the publication, Assange’s allies are rallying supporters of all political ideologies and enlisting the help of lobbyist Robert Stryk, who has ties to the Trump administration.

“Mr. Stryk said that he was representing Blueprint for Free Speech to seek a pardon for Mr. Assange without pay because of his belief in free speech, and that he would continue pushing for the pardon in the Biden administration if Mr. Trump did not grant it.”

Assange has received support from high-profile figures like Pamela Anderson, who has sounded the alarm on the treatment of the journalist.=====================================================Jim Bell's Comments:I realize that a lot of questions have been raised here about both Julian Assange and Edward Snowden:  Did they do the right thing, or for the right reasons?  But I feel that the cause of Cypherpunks, and freedom in general, is best served by pardoning them.  That is because this would be seen, by the lay public, as a victory for leakers and anti-Government people, in general.  Similarly for Ross Ulbricht.  'We' need wins, or at least what would be seen by the public as 'wins'.  You may not get the leaker you love, so love the leaker you get.       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY4HI_vqf0cI also think Trump should pardon everyone convicted (Federally) for any drug crime, everyone convicted of a crime with the predicate of a prior conviction based on any 'drug crime' (say, felon in possession of a firearm when he was previously convicted of a 'drug crime'), or anyone whose sentence was enhanced based in part on a previous conviction of any 'drug crime', for that enhancement.    Trump could declare 'the war on drugs is over'.But, I also think that Trump should pardon anyone associated with the Capitol protest/riot, including actions only indirectly associated with it.  Why?  For many years, plenty of people weren't convicted if they were seen as being 'on the Democrats' side', or being 'on the Deep State's side'.   James Clapper, who lied to Congress and the public about keeping telephone metadata.  Lois Lerner, who impeded Republicans' filing of 503(c) tax status, Hitlery Clinton (for her violations of the Espionage Act), and for her violations of campaign law for using her using her law firm, Perkin Coie, to hire FusionGPS, to hire a foreigner (Christopher Steele), to talk to other Russians to find (or manufacture?) 'dirt' on Trump.  Yet, they jumped on Trump Jr. for talking to a Russian woman lawyer who may have offered incriminating information on Hitlery.And, of course, the people who initiated the phony investigation of Trump based on the claim of "Russian collusion".   And this is merely a few items from my memory:  There is plenty of other material.I think it's quite unfair to allow what amounts to the 'Deep State' to prosecute and thus selectively victimize people who are seen to support Trump, while at the same time protect those who are obviously against Trump.                    Jim Bell