[for human eyes only] Algorithmic Justice League

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 12:07:13 PST 2021

https://www.ajl.org/

In today’s world, AI systems are used to decide who gets hired, the
quality of medical treatment we receive, and whether we become a
suspect in a police investigation. While these tools show great
promise, they can also harm vulnerable and marginalized people, and
threaten civil rights. Unchecked, unregulated and, at times, unwanted,
AI systems can amplify racism, sexism, ableism, and other forms of
discrimination.

The Algorithmic Justice League’s mission is to raise awareness about
the impacts of AI, equip advocates with empirical research, build the
voice and choice of the most impacted communities, and galvanize
researchers, policy makers, and industry practitioners to mitigate AI
harms and biases. We’re building a movement to shift the AI ecosystem
towards equitable and accountable AI.