[spam] [archive] [hacking] Working on finalising a mobile python driver.

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 02:49:13 PST 2021

I fixed the traceback output by manually calling python's traceback functions.

The traceback gives a line for what caused the spurious constructor
calls.  It is the evaluation of a java constant.  There is nothing
else in the traceback between the java constant and the constructor.
I move the java constant evaluation to static scope, instead of inside
a method.

The java-to-python library I am using is pyjnius.  It is widely use in
all kivy android applications.  Last I checked, it was no longer
maintained, but I talked about that in their community a little and
some people who weren't familiar with it but had access merged some
pull requests.  I believe those merges haven't been released yet and
aren't likely in the code I am using.

It's 05:48 -0500 and 'here I go' trying the constructor logging with
the java constants accessed at module scope!