EXIT through Parlour

coderman coderman at protonmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:18:23 PST 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, January 11, 2021 11:21 PM, Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi coderman,
>
> how are things going for you? i'm not the sharpest of bent sharp
> tacks and it's hard for me to tell how people are doing.

my complex dissipative processes continue!

> it is so incredible to realise that archiveteam is actively
> distributing massive archives among supporters.
>
> archiving is a tense topic for me and it can be hard to research it
> ... do you know if they are hashing the content in merkle trees? do
> you know if there is a way to review the archived files?

they describe a little bit here https://archiveteam.org/index.php?title=Who_We_Are
 but they are not disciplined practitioners of established techniques - a lot of this is ad-hoc.

that said, when the torrents are distributed the torrents have a markle tree index as you desire.

there is a way to review archived files, you can ask in #archiveteam-bs on their IRC server, or even review logs for info https://archive.fart.website/bin/irclogger_logs

the Parler archive will eventually be on archive.org, but i don't know any details on timeframe.

best regards,