[broadcast] Please collect proof and logs that our communications are altered in transit, so that hackers will resolve the situation

coderman coderman at protonmail.com
Fri Jan 8 14:25:53 PST 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Friday, January 8, 2021 8:01 PM, Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> it's notable that pgp encourages end-to-end encryption and protonmail
> does not, no?

if we both use protonmail, then it is end-to-end encrypted. (but you're running "code" from protonmail - a trusted third party.)

there is a good explanation of their benefits (vs. gmail, etc.) here:
 https://protonmail.com/security-details

note that running your own mail server removes a trusted third party!

(but running your own mail servers sucks for many other reasons...)

> did you make a signed post when you stopped using PGP, so that people
> would know you hadn't been coerced or manipulated to do so, or
> replaced by an impostor or a gpt-in-the-middle?

bonus points for finding that key *grin*