[Cryptography] Energy Consumption: Standards Trolls (was: disaster)

coderman coderman at protonmail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:46:41 PST 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Wednesday, January 6, 2021 11:20 PM, Karl gmkarl at gmail.com wrote:

> I have a muse EEG headband I use to take recordings of my brain for
> the near-future [approximate scale: 1 decade] when they can use them
> to help you be safer.

it is possible in our lifetimes quantum sensors (based on same technology as quantum computers) will make magnetoencephalography machines as simple as your headband. this would provide a much more detailed, volumetric view of your cognitive functions.

(next step, of course, would be using this input to feedback desired states into your mind :)

Magnetoencephalography
[NIMH MEG.jpg](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NIMH_MEG.jpg)
Person undergoing an MEG
[MeSH](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_Subject_Headings)