USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 15:35:31 PST 2021

Severed Pig's Head Left On Nancy Pelosi's Driveway As Vandals Tag
Garage; McConnell Hit Saturday, Jan 02, 2021

Update (1238ET): The Louisville home of Senate Majority Leader Mitch
McConnell (R-KY), was vandalized as well - as "where's my money" could
be seen tagged on his front door, while other words were spray painted
on the nearby wall.

    Messages were written on the front of the home in red and white
spray paint. The words "Weres my money" were spray painted on the
front door along with other messages along the front porch. That is in
reference to the $2,000 stimulus check increase that was blocked by
the senator.

    The rest of McConnell's home appears to be untouched. Police say
they do not currently know who is responsible for the damage. -WDRB

    JUST IN - Louisville home of @senatemajldr Mitch McConnell
vandalized with 'WERES MY MONEY', just one day after Speaker Pelosi's
home was vandalized with a pig's head, fake blood, and graffiti,
according to @WDRBNews. pic.twitter.com/UffIzyMlDX
    — Disclose.tv 🚨 (@disclosetv) January 2, 2021

"I’ve spent my career fighting for the First Amendment and defending
peaceful protest. I appreciate every Kentuckian who has engaged in the
democratic process whether they agree with me or not," said McConnell.
"This is different. Vandalism and the politics of fear have no place
in our society. My wife and I have never been intimidated by this
toxic playbook. We just hope our neighbors in Louisville aren’t too
inconvenienced by this radical tantrum."

*  *  *

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco house was vandalized on
Friday morning, after angry activists spray-painted "$2K," "Cancel
Rent," and "We Want Everything" on the garage door - leaving a severed
pig's head on the ground in a pool of red paint.
Photo: Maggie VandenBerghe

According to KPIX, police received a call about the incident around
2:00 a.m. on Friday at the 2600 block of Broadway.

"I don’t think that this is a useful way to go about it and it’s a
terrible start to this new year, when we are hoping for less anger and
hatred than we’ve had to deal with for the last year," said Pelosi's
neighbor, Audrey Carlson.

    San Francisco police have not released any information about
suspects in the case. Also, no one has come forward claiming
responsibility for the vandalism. Some of the graffiti mentions UBI
(universal basic income) and “cancel rent,” so it is possible the
culprit is someone associated with those movements.

    Pelosi helped spearhead the passage a bill last Monday to increase
the $600 stimulus checks to $2,000, with 275 members of the House of
Representatives voting for the bill and 134 voting against it. -KPIX

    Lunatics leave pigs head & graffiti at Nancy Pelosi's house.

    Appalling. at FogCityMidge is right. News is ignoring.

    I took this picture just 5 minutes ago. They are literally covering it up.

    Dems like Pelosi will learn sooner or later: you cannot appease
the violent left. https://t.co/Ohih0zVTpO pic.twitter.com/0JOxzj9KA4
    — John Dennis (@RealJohnDennis) January 1, 2021

The vandals left two anarchy symbols on either side of the garage
door, suggesting that perhaps Antifa (or similar) may be crossing the
aisle to refocus their efforts.

Portland Mayor Turns On Antifa, Vows To Battle 'Lawlessness And Anarchy'
Saturday, Jan 02, 2021 - 15:05

In July, Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler thought he was in control. As BLM
protests raged across the country in response to the death of George
Floyd, a black man who died while in police custody in late May,
Wheeler decided to mingle with protesters - a mix of BLM activists and
Antifa.

Yet, instead of a rockstar crowd-surfing moment or whatever fantasy he
envisioned, Wheeler was mocked as he gagged on tear gas, until he was
forced to flee.

    "He doesn't deserve to speak. He's a fucking fascist."
pic.twitter.com/EEXrg918u1
    — Mike Baker (@ByMikeBaker) July 23, 2020

Two weeks later, Wheeler had changed his tone - calling protesters who
attempted to burn down a police station with people inside "attempted
murderers," as the city saw its most violent month in decades - which
came after the Portland City Council slashed the police budget as part
of an early July push to defund the police. The move forced the city
to make drastic cuts to its Gun Violence Reduction Team as lawless
anarchists destroyed property throughout the city.

The loss “forced us into a position where we have to really look at
what resources we can bring to bear, absent that structure that we had
with the Gun Violence Reduction Team,” said Police Chief Chuck Lovell
in August.

In December, Portland police were attacked in broad daylight after
Antifa erected a new 'autonomous zone.' Police were seen being struck
by fists, fists, and even bricks hurled through the air "in broad
daylight," as the AP described further that "The violence happened in
broad daylight."

    More video of how antifa in Portland attacked police at the
autonomous zone and made them retreat. They sprayed a chemical all
over one police cruiser’s front window to completely block the view
while others threw projectiles. pic.twitter.com/La91Tn2F5r
    — Andy Ngô (@MrAndyNgo) December 9, 2020

    Portland protesters have put up barricades on Mississippi Ave in
an attempt to block an eviction of “The Red House” residence. Portland
police have attempted to evict on multiple occasions during the over
the past year. #Portland #protest #Portlandprotests #BLM #Antifa
pic.twitter.com/0yYKH8r3ln
    — Independent Media PDX (@NDpendentPDX) December 9, 2020

Now, (and with the 2020 election in the rearview mirror) Wheeler has
had enough in the wake of a New Year's Eve riot.

    Multnomah County Sheriff Mike Reese spoke about the new year's eve
riot in downtown Portland where antifa ransacked and looted
businesses, started fires, assaulted responding law enforcement, and
tried to break into the Justice Center. pic.twitter.com/1iutoyagup
    — Andy Ngô (@MrAndyNgo) January 2, 2021

In a New Year's press conference, the Portland Mayor admits that
efforts to compromise with Antifa have failed, and he's now committing
to pushing back - with his limited police force.

"My good faith efforts at de-escalation have been met with ongoing
violence, and even scorn, from radical Antifa and anarchists," said
Wheeler.

"It will be necessary to use additional tools, and to push the limits
of the tools we already have, to bring the criminal destruction and
violence to an end," he added. "Lawlessness and anarchy come at great
expense, and with great risk to the future of our community. It's time
to push back harder against those who are set on destroying our
community, and to take more risks in fighting lawlessness."

"I condemn anyone who engages in violence or criminal destruction no
matter what their ideology."

    In his new year's presser, Portland Mayor @tedwheeler admits that
his efforts to de-escalate & compromise with antifa have failed to
yield results. He condemns the violent extremist movement by name &
calls for more to be done. https://t.co/1MJhHOxO1u
pic.twitter.com/HtsSSM3dzz
    — Andy Ngô (@MrAndyNgo) January 2, 2021