The Cause of All Problems is Profit-Motivated Communication

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 02:40:44 PST 2021

We need to reduce advertising, until it ends.

We desperately want to share information based on people needing to
learn it, not based on it producing money.

Profit can outcompete good reasons, because money is the primary mode
of survival in our culture.  This makes a trend where information flow
reliably moves away from what is important.

In the 1800s people had salons to discuss political topics
productively: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salon_(gathering)#Conversation,_content_and_the_form_of_the_salon

Nowadays we have talk shows where everybody yells and laughs, and
nothing new is exchanged between the sides, for decades and decades.