USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 03:16:02 PST 2021

Biden-Dems break big campaign promise, offloads responsibility,
tries to spin out of own failboat...

Reality Is Impinging Upon The Democrats' Carefully Constructed COVID Tyranny

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/12/reality_is_impinging_upon_the_democrats_carefully_constructed_covid_tyranny.html

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1322254443644026880
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1316894374500962305
https://twitter.com/beingrealmac/status/1475509915607351300
https://www.msnbc.com/11th-hour/watch/trump-calls-states-complainers-says-federal-govt-is-just-a-backup-81574469576
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2021/12/27/nearly-30-of-new-covid-cases-in-america-came-from-one-city-n1544735
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/cdc-recommends-shorter-covid-isolation-and-quarantine-period
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/mitigating-staff-shortages.html
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanponciano/2021/12/25/these-13-states-are-facing-the-worst-hospital-worker-shortages-as-omicron-fuels-a-new-covid-surge/

Biden ran on a promise: He was going to federalize the COVID response
and end COVID in America. He introduced vaccine mandates for federal
employees and those doing business with the federal government and had
OSHA do the same for every business with more than 100 employees.
Various states, cities, and businesses, especially when it came to
healthcare, followed suit. We were also told that, if we even breathed
the same air as a COVID person, we had to quarantine ourselves for ten
days. In the last two days, that promised federal response, COVID
mandates, and quarantines have all fallen apart, thanks to the very
contagious but seemingly relatively harmless Omicron variant.

Biden made a lot of promises during the campaign and the media
graciously refused to demand details:

    I'm not going to shut down the country.

    I'm not going to shut down the economy.

    I'm going to shut down the virus.
    — Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) October 30, 2020

    We're eight months into this pandemic, and Donald Trump still
doesn't have a plan to get this virus under control.

    I do.
    — Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) October 16, 2020

Those claims—that Biden would use the federal government to end the
pandemic—went a long way with people weary of 2020’s madness. On
Monday, after a COVID year more deadly and dispiriting than 2020,
Biden admitted that the federal government can’t fix things:

    Joe Biden on covid: “There is no federal solution. This gets
solved at a state level.” pic.twitter.com/ufg7qDXzQ0
    — RealMac (@beingrealmac) December 27, 2021

Trump, of course, said from the beginning that his role as president
was to support the states because each state was best equipped to
handle COVID as it presented within that state.

Meanwhile, as Omicron spreads, especially in New York City, one of the
most vaccinated places in America, other Democrat-driven initiatives
are falling. The CDC has had to shorten by 50% its COVID isolation and
quarantine period recommendations, reflecting (a) that Omicron seems
to be a cold and (b) that America can’t shut down because of a cold:

    U.S. health officials on Monday cut isolation restrictions for
Americans who catch the coronavirus from 10 to five days, and
similarly shortened the time that close contacts need to quarantine.

    Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials said the
guidance is in keeping with growing evidence that people with the
coronavirus are most infectious in the two days before and three days
after symptoms develop.

    The decision also was driven by a recent surge in COVID-19 cases,
propelled by the omicron variant.

    Early research suggests omicron may cause milder illnesses than
earlier versions of the coronavirus. But the sheer number of people
becoming infected — and therefore having to isolate or quarantine —
threatens to crush the ability of hospitals, airlines and other
businesses to stay open, experts say.

Image: Omicron by Alexandra Koch. Pixabay license.

And finally, and most ironically, as Omicron cases increase, hospitals
are facing staff shortages because their ludicrous, unscientific
vaccine mandates saw them firing thousands of employees. Last week,
the CDC updated a document entitled “Strategies to Mitigate Healthcare
Personnel Staffing Shortages.” It appears that more than 13 states are
struggling to deal with Omicron cases because of staff shortages.
Interestingly, the Forbes article to which I linked talks about staff
burnout and more patients as reasons for the shortage but makes no
mention of mass firings. Funny that.

The point is that Democrats made pie in the sky promises and
completely failed to make good on them. More people died from COVID
under Biden than under Trump, Biden’s had to admit that Trump’s
state-based approach was the correct one, unreasonably long
quarantines are becoming impossible to maintain, and all the things
that Democrats, and Democrat-driven businesses, did to destroy the
workforce are now becoming a serious problem.

I’m deeply sorry for sick people, overworked people, and unemployed
people. I’m grateful, though, that reality is striking so hard and
fast. That speed means there’s still time for sanity to return before
the system collapses completely.