[spam] [personal] information on the Unihertz Titan, a mobile phone

k gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 12:27:38 PST 2021

On 12/28/21, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Point of sale tracks the IMEI, being able to change

I can't verify if that is still reasonably easy to do, have not set
the device up yet.

> that for any/all phones is useful, such as for giving
> your phone away to others.

Important stuff.

> Point of sale tracks the SIM, but unfortunately a SIM
> is probably still not generateable onto blank cards?

I've heard of sim cloning, never tried it.
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-clone-a-sim-card

If you mean generating a new sim from nothing, sounds cool, not
something I'm experienced with personally.  I think of the data on the
sim as the "login" information for the cell provider, so that might
mean either being a cell provider or stealing service.

I see there is value to anonymity.  Hard to think about.