In Rust, We Trust: The Mighty Schnorr Signature | by Prof Bill Buchanan OBE | ASecuritySite: When Bob Met Alice | Nov, 2021 | Medium

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 23:46:14 PST 2021

https://medium.com/asecuritysite-when-bob-met-alice/in-rust-we-trust-the-mighty-schnorr-signature-49bd8ab6707a
Open in appGet started

In Rust, We Trust: The Mighty Schnorr SignatureProf Bill Buchanan OBEFollowNov 26 · 3 min read
"I have been learning Rust, and it is rock solid when it comes to producing cryptography-related code. So, let’s cut our teeth on the mighty Schnorr signature. This method has the great advantage that we can have multiple signers to a message or a transaction, and end up with a single signature for all the signers. It is now being used in Bitcoin transactions so that we have an efficient signature for a transaction that involves multiple entities.

"The patent

"In Feb 1989, Claus Schnorr submitted a patent which was assigned to no one. It has 11 claims, and allowed digital signatures to be merged for multiple signers [here]: