Coronavirus: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 01:11:27 PST 2021

Omicron did not cause the cancellations,
Biden Firing millions and other retarded
politicians stupid policies did.

More Than 800 US Flights Canceled On Christmas Morning Due To Staffing Shortages

Airlines canceled more than 1,600 flights for one of the busiest
travel holiday weekends of the year as the omicron variant resulted in
staffing shortages -- stranding thousands of passengers at airports,
according to Bloomberg.

Delta Air Lines Inc. canceled 523 flights between Friday and Sunday
are the highest among US airlines so far, FlightAware data showed,
followed by United Airlines Holdings Inc with 484 through the weekend.

FlightAware shows the brunt of the cancellations will be seen on
Christmas day. So far, 871 flights have been canceled "within, into,
or out of the US." That number has been steadily increasing this
morning.

    HUNDREDS OF FLIGHTS CANCELED: Several airlines canceled hundreds
of flights, citing rising COVID-19 cases among staff and crew.
@elwynlopez reports. https://t.co/7lfxdOFzAd
pic.twitter.com/19ysXPaaWQ
    — World News Tonight (@ABCWorldNews) December 25, 2021

FlightAware said the number of cancellations worldwide totaled more
than 5,650 for the holiday weekend.

Delta and United have both said flight cancellations were due to
staffing shortages linked to COVID-19 cases.

    "The nationwide spike in Omicron cases this week has had a direct
impact on our flight crews and the people who run our operation," a
United memo said Friday, which CNN obtained.

The holidays are among the busiest times for travel. Many travelers
who had their flights canceled or delayed vented on social media.

    United always canceling flights. It's time to cancel united tbh.
#UnitedAirlines #holidayseason
    — A (@brwnbarbzz) December 25, 2021

    @united one leg of my trip was cancelled this morning. Your
website has no other available flights. I don’t want to spend
Christmas in chicago. I want to spend it in SLC. HELP!!!
    — Katie Kooiman (@KooimanKatie) December 25, 2021

    @united cancelling my flight and then telling me that I need to
pay them another $130 to move the flight (which could also likely get
cancelled) is why they are the undefeated shittiest airline around.
    — Duke Jeopardy (@DukeJeopardy) December 25, 2021

    @Delta Cancelling our connecting flight while we are literally
boarding our initial flight was not the Christmas present we were
looking for.
    — Troy (@rebertruns) December 25, 2021

    @Delta HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Flight was canceled yesterday
and I’ve been trying to get a refund since yesterday! Hours spent
being sent from person to person only to be offered an ecredit!! I
want my money back and the sky Miles I used to upgrade my flight
    — Sonny Wigginton (@SonnyW08) December 25, 2021

It seems to us that Delta and United might have underestimated their
sick/call rate and didn't staff according for one of the busiest
travel weekends of the year. This becomes a reliability issue that
will cause mistrust among travelers who will use other airlines.