How to fight the technofascist AI

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 21 13:23:38 PST 2021

This isn't too hard actually - just get off the internet.

For those others not allergic to using intelligence now and then these are exciting times.
Quantum computing is spooling up that should soon bootstrap itself into being able to model the hardest problems imaginable.

 '  . . . The result suggests that the possible ways we can describe the universe with math are actually much more constrained than we might have thought, Renou said.

"Just by observing what's coming out of some experiments, we can rule out many potential descriptions without making any assumptions [on the] reliability of the physical devices used in the experiment," Renou said. In the future, this could mean that it might just take a small number of experiments, building from first principles, for physicists to arrive at a complete quantum theory.

Beyond this, the researchers also said their experimental setup, which was a rudimentary quantum network, could be useful for outlining the principles on which a future quantum internet might operate. . . "

https://www.livescience.com/imaginary-numbers-needed-to-describe-reality

I don't know about 'small number' -  but if a quantum computer can model the first moments of our universe successfully that will give us a unified quantum-gravity field theory automatically.
And of course this is deeply linked to the future quantum ( cryptoanarchist! ) internet ever since Seth Lloyd wrote a book about it ( Universe as quantum computer 2007 )