Coronavirus: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 00:42:19 PST 2021

> First SouthWest Lied and was proven to have been
> shutdown by workers protesting Mandatory Vax Regime
> of Govt Worshipment, now American Airline Lies the same
> way, how stupid do they think you are...
> Pilots do not grow on trees, they quit, and planes
> don't fly for a long time, including shipping.

More weird walkback flex from CEO's as tide turns, albeit more
lawyer'd-up carefully than obviously wishy-washy opportunist politicians...

Growing Number Of Companies And Organizations Are Walking Back
Vaccination Requirements

https://www.theepochtimes.com/growing-number-of-companies-and-organizations-are-walking-back-vaccination-requirements_4163621.html
https://www.theepochtimes.com/amtrak-suspends-covid-19-vaccine-mandate-for-employees-chief-executive_4157319.html
https://www.theepochtimes.com/florida-based-hospital-system-wont-require-its-83000-employees-to-be-vaccinated-memo_4141875.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/12/14/vaccine-requirements-hospital-workers/
https://federalnewsnetwork.com/defense-main/2021/11/navy-turns-heads-by-giving-huntington-ingalls-a-pass-on-covid-mandate/
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/georgia-judge-issues-latest-blow-to-biden-vaccine-mandate
https://dailyiowan.com/2021/12/14/status-of-vaccine-mandates-for-ui-employees-remains-on-hold/

More and more businesses in recent days have walked back previous
rules mandating COVID-19 vaccine sas a condition for employment in a
bid to keep workers.
UCHealth registered nurse Karen Nerger administers a dose of the
Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at a mass COVID-19 vaccination event on Jan.
30, 2021

Earlier this week, Amtrak—a quasi-public corporation—became the latest
to rescind its vaccine requirement amid concerns about staff shortages
and cut service in January. In a memo sent to staff that was obtained
by The Epoch Times, Amtrak CEO William Flynn said the company would do
away with the mandate that would have given employees until Jan. 4 to
get fully vaccinated or go on unpaid leave.

About 500 out of more than 17,000 Amtrak workers remain unvaccinated,
according to the memo. Still, the sudden loss of that many workers
would have caused service disruptions, Flynn suggested, while noting
that Amtrak was acting in accordance with recent court orders handed
down against President Joe Biden’s sweeping vaccine mandates.

Several hospitals and healthcare systems have similarly rescinded
vaccine mandates for employees and cited labor issues that were
triggered by the new requirements. In early December, Florida’s
AdventHealth announced the end of its vaccine requirement for some
83,000 workers, also citing the several recent court injunctions
against federal mandates.

“Due to recent decisions by the federal courts to block the [Centers
for Medicare & Medicaid Services] vaccine mandate, we are suspending
all vaccination requirements of our COVID-19 vaccination policy,”
AdventHealth Chief Clinical Officer Neil Finkler said in a letter to
staff. The move came after the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid
Services confirmed to The Epoch Times that the agency suspended
enforcement following two court orders several weeks ago.
An Amtrak passenger train sits in New York City’s Pennsylvania Station
on April 27, 2017.

Tenet Healthcare, HCA Healthcare, and Cleveland Clinic recently
announced they are pulling back as well, citing labor concerns. Along
with AdventHealth, the three healthcare companies operate a combined
300 hospitals and have more than 500,000 workers.

They cited recent court orders that blocked Centers for Medicare &
Medicaid Services from enforcing its mandate on Medicare- and
Medicaid-funded medical facilities. The rule was announced by Biden on
the same day that he confirmed that he would impose mandates on
federal government employees, businesses who have contracts with the
federal government, and, most controversially, businesses that have
100 or more workers.

The mandate for private businesses, slated to be enforced by the
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), was paused by
the agency last month following a scathing ruling that was issued by a
panel of judges on the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. At the
time, OSHA said it remained confident that the federal government
would ultimately prevail in court.

“We have seen some anecdotal reports of hospitals that have paused or
rolled back their vaccine mandates in light of the legal process that
is currently playing out,” the American Hospital Association said in a
statement to The Washington Post about the recent hospital decisions
on vaccine requirements.

But the organization said that it does “not think most hospitals are
changing their mandates, but some may be choosing to mandate weekly
testing or other mitigating strategies for unvaccinated workers
instead,” while “some have also decided to no longer terminate
unvaccinated staff.”

Earlier this week, the Los Angeles Unified School District board, for
different reasons, voted overwhelmingly in favor of postponing its
student vaccine requirement from January 2022 until the fall of 2022
after tens of thousands of students reportedly would not
comply—meaning that they would not be able to attend in-person
classes.

Huntington Ingalls Industries, the largest naval shipbuilder in the
United States, announced it won’t enforce the Biden administration’s
federal contractor mandate. The company had told its 44,000 workers
that it was not contractually obligated to comply, although a federal
judge in Georgia later blocked the mandate.

The University of Iowa also recently pulled its vaccine directive for
staff working on federal contracts from its website following a
federal judge’s order last month. University of Iowa Faculty Senate
President Teresa Marshall said on Dec. 7 that the requirement was
placed on hold until federal lawsuits get sorted out.