Washington proposing tracking road usage?

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 11:23:52 PST 2021

BY DORI MONSON SHOW
Weekdays on KIRO Radio 12pm-3pm
"Nearly 20 years ago, a source inside Washington state government told me that within two decades, the Puget Sound Transportation Commission had plans to make every single inch of every single road in our region a toll road. My source was solid. —"

"When I reported this, people responded, “Oh, come on, Monson. You’re full of … hyperbole.”
"But just this week, KIRO Radio’s own traffic reporter Chris Sullivan reported on a Washington State Transportation Commission meeting where a pay-by-mile or road usage charge (RUC) system is under review. And one system could track your driving round-the-clock."
https://mynorthwest.com/3285666/doir-privacy-washington-tracking-driving/