1984: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 00:10:22 PST 2021

7 Infrastructure Act Provisions Sure To Keep You Up At Night

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/12/15/7_infrastructure_act_provisions_sure_to_keep_you_up_at_night_146885.html

the misleadingly titled Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act is
packed with a plethora of partisan surprises — some extreme, and some
just plain bizarre.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/3684/text

5. New Travel Tax Pilot Program
Section 13002 of the new law provides for the establishment of a pilot
program to charge per-mile user fees for passenger cars and commercial
trucks. This is a regressive, economy-crushing measure that will
unfairly penalize working-class and poorer Americans.

6. Anti-Drunk Driving Technology
Included in the bill is a provision mandating the development of new
anti-drunk driving technology in cars that could be standardized and
mandated for all new vehicles in the next few years. While we can all
agree that drunk driving is bad, we can also probably all agree that
mandating investment in new technology to turn every new car into a
mechanical snitch is not worth the added cost to manufacturers,
consumers, or taxpayers.