[wrong][crazy] remailer notes

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 04:14:43 PST 2021

I haven't ever been much interested in remailers, preferring overlay
networks, but have been repeatedly implied to look into them by varied
sources

remailers have a public key, which rocks

mail and transmission instructions are encrypted to the remailer via normal
email

the remailer decrypts, and sends on.

this can let one form onions.  including with cover traffic, I imagine

- I wonder how to find remailers
- I wonder what codebase is presently in wide use
- I wonder if there's a way to measure traffic

- I wonder if a remailer codebase is portable to public logging, to measure
cover traffic and reveal a portion of any possible compromises