Re: Hackers’ Wars

zeynepaydogan zeynepaydogan at protonmail.com
Tue Dec 14 11:00:25 PST 2021

When I met Tor, I was 13-14 y. o and I thought I was anonymous at the time. My mum was a woman who knew about technology. She played video games. One day she told me, why does this onion come out when your computer turns on? I told her about the Tor project. They need you to provide that anonymity. They're actually using you. Have you ever thought about that?
Maybe she wasn't saying it on purpose, but she was right. I've been the most interested in technology in my family since I was a little girl. When I compare myself and my mother, even though I think she's more uninformed, she's always more rational. So using technology well doesn't work when there's no logic.