GovCorp conspiracy theory fails again

cherry cherry at cpal.pw
Sun Dec 12 21:32:11 PST 2021

On 11/30/21 9:57 AM, Karl Semich wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 30, 2021, 12:50 PM professor rat <pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
> <mailto:pro2rat at yahoo.com.au>> wrote:
>
>     Like the Batshit-Crazy fools that still promote such crap
>
>     “If you had some sort of Washington-corporate alliance that wanted
>     to make Bitcoin a transparent chain, guess what? They would have
>     fought Taproot,” says Alex Gladstein at the Human Rights Foundation,
>     who advocates for Bitcoin as a tool against authoritarian
>     governments. “But there was no organized resistance to Taproot.
>
>     https://www.coindesk.com/business/2021/11/29/who-sets-the-rules-of-bitcoin-as-nation-states-and-corps-roll-in/
>     <https://www.coindesk.com/business/2021/11/29/who-sets-the-rules-of-bitcoin-as-nation-states-and-corps-roll-in/>

Taproot should lead to a massive improvement in the privacy of the
lightning network.

I was expecting organized resistance.  I believed that the flaws in the
existing lightning network were the result of enemy action.

But that taproot has gone through in the shape that it has strongly
suspects that our enemies failed to understand the implications.