[spam][drafts][crazy][fiction] The Computer Programmer, The Propaganda, and The Conscience

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 17:11:03 PST 2021

Once upon a time, there was a computer programmer who got trapped in a
brainwashing program for disseminating propaganda.

"Oh, better disseminate some propaganda!" thought the computer
programmer, and they went and disseminated propaganda.

Each time they did, they felt nice, from the brainwashing.  It seemed
so nice to disseminate propaganda, that they barely realised the
horrible things they were saying to other people!

And yet, as they did this, something felt wrong.  Like part of them
was kind of ignoring what was going on, feeling sad, waiting for
things to some day be more right.

"I wonder how we will make it right, all these things we are
misleading people with," the part thought absentmindedly as propaganda
was disseminated.  "Well, we always make things right, so I'm sure we
will somehow!" it confidently concluded.