tor self-parody

Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Sun Dec 12 10:03:53 PST 2021

22:31 < ioerror> Funding does compromise us
22:31 < ioerror> I am clear on that now.
22:31 < ioerror> Tor is compromised.

	(that's the bit I remembered as being a good reason for appelbaum to be kicked out of tor, but on second thoughts I realize it's just self-parody)

22:31 < ioerror> When we are paid to work on a browser rather than anonymity improvements of Tor HS, we are co-opted
22:31 < ioerror> It is a faustian pact
22:32 < mikeperry> our funding model is shit. that is compromising us. we're run like a consulting company with little control or ability to respond to changing circumstances
22:32 < ioerror> When we set the road map and found funders to fund us, it was different
22:32 < ioerror> we haven't done that for a long time
22:32 < ioerror> The money has corrupted us

	(appelbaum and perry are pretending to ignore the fact that the tor project is nothing but a pentagon project, and are  pretending that they are not getting 'enough money' to do 'important stuff')

22:43 < DaveC1> And, I mean, again. I was joining an organization started by a NSA veteran.
22:43 < DaveC1> THat's the part that's still really confusing to me.
22:43 < ioerror> DaveC1: Roger's internship at the NSA is not the same kind of veteran who helped invade iraq
22:43 < DaveC1> How is it WORSE to have an organization started by an NSA vet who also has a contractor who used to be CIA.

	(so the guy from the CIA-US military(davec1) is rightfully pointing out that piece-of-shit dingledine is an 'ex' NSA criminal)

22:47 < ioerror> I have a lot of respect for Paul from the NRL and for many people who fought in many wars

	('paul' is syverson, the the US navy nazi who started the 'tor project' - looks like appelabaum has a lot of selective respect for US child murderers)

23:18 < mrphs> if a tor-cia story gets out
23:18 < mrphs> im done
23:18 < mrphs> for good

	'mrphs' seems to be an iranian 'activist', which means an iranian traitor working for the US nazis. And 'working' prolly means just getting taxpayer money for doing nothing. The hilarious thing is that mrphs is all hysterical saying his family would be murdered if the 'tor-cia story gets out' when everybody already knows what tor actually is, especially the iranian government. So yeah, more unhinged comedy and farce.