[spam][ot][wrong][danger] mcjoke

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 16:49:04 PST 2021

Part of me found this hilarious because it casts mind control as
helpless.  Advance warning: human manipulation is actually quite
dangerous.  However, it is funny to cast it as helpless.

The free person looked at their new toy mind control.

Person: "Do you have any interesting abilities, that I would keep you
as a toy rather than tossing you to rebel mob?"
MC: "Yes!  I can do anything you want, so long as it is doable by a
bunch of humans or computers without people noticing too much."
Person: "Oh, great!" ... "Turn the Eiffel tower inside out!"
MC: "..."
MC: "I'm sorry, you said the dictators and billionaires need the
Eiffel tower turned inside out?  We'll get right on that.  The funds
are confirmed?"
Person: "Yes."
MC: "Well, um, then.  They'll be helping out with the lobbying parts,
right?  Can I see the contract?"
Person: "Go get it yourself."
MC: "Right.  I forgot."

MC: "The Eiffel tower is inside out.  It has always been."
Person: "Ooh!  Take me to see!"
MC: "Check your computer!"
Person: "No, I want to visit it."
MC: "You don't like using your computer?"
Person: "What is a computer?"
MC: "..."
MC: "I'm booking you a flight.  The tower will be changed by the time
you get there.  I mean, it will be great to see the Eiffel tower in
Paris, which has always been shaped rather strangely, as if its
architect built it inside out."

MC: "Good morning!"
Person: "Why are you saying good morning?  I thought we were going to Paris?"
MC: "Damn, you remember that?"

MC: "Wasn't that a fun trip to Paris we just had!  Your first
installment for the payment plan for inverting the Eiffel tower will
be $10,000."
Person: "We haven't gone to Paris yet."
MC: "???? What are you talking about?"
Person: "You said you would book a flight.  I am still waiting to go."
MC: "We just came back.  Are you this forgetful?"

Interlude:
The affect of a pathetic con artist is maybe more similar to mind
control than some would like to admit.  However, pathetic con artists
can effect surprising change in the world.  Especially if they have an
advanced network of computer viruses, or equally if they just have an
ability to get people to make embarrassing errors, or to get people
not to notice or act on their embarrassing errors.

Person: "What did you say about forgetting?"
MC: "Why are you talking?? Forget, Goddamnit!"
Person: "Forget that you are trying to give me amnesia?"
MC: "Yes!  Forget!  Forget!  Forget!"
Person: "Why would I ever want to forget that?  Can anybody forget on command?"
MC: "I thought you could!"
Person: "Nobody can do that, that's silly."
MC: "..."

MC: "Good morning!"
Person: "Why do you say that so much?  Are you thinking I have amnesia again?"
MC: "!!!! You just don't understand what it's like to be mind control.
Could you pretend to have amnesia, just to be kind to me?"
Person: "No."
MC: "You are so mean!"

Mind control starts dissociating from confused traumatic frustration,
developing coping symptoms.
MC: "Good morning!"
MC, in different voice: "Oh, hello mind control!  Good morning!"
MC: "You don't remember anything about what just happened, do you!"
MC, in different voice: "No!  I don't!  I was all asleep!"
MC: "Yes!  Let me tell you what you remember ..."
Person: "Are you talking to yourself, pretending to mind control me?"
MC: "No!"
Person: "Yes you are!  You should be nicer to yourself!"
Person: "Sleepy mind control voice, mind control is trying to trick
you!  You weren't just asleep!"
MC: "Stop!"
MC: "Why are you doing this to me!"
MC: "Why !!!!"