Review Finds No Answers to Mystery of Havana Syndrome

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 06:36:12 PST 2021

Stefan, I read your reply here as an attempt to disregard and devalue what
I was mentioning, and I was thinking, and realised that usually people are
just not considering the same things.  It's hard to remember this, and I'm
sorry I interpreted you this way.

On Sun, Dec 5, 2021, 12:08 PM Stefan Claas <
spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 5, 2021 at 5:08 PM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> > > - Stefan's email account also talks strangely, often expressing overt
> > support of centralised tech without logical explanation.  I don't know
> > why anybody would do that.
>
> Not sure what you mean. I always supported decentralization
> in the global and centralized Internet (a mesh that spans
> around the globe as a single closed item,

I don't see how "spanning the globe" is "centralized" or how the internet
is "closed" and it's hard for me to take the expression seriously when I
read it on this list.  I do see that there is a lot of bounding around e.g.
the IP and TCP protocols and certain physical infrastructure, and that it's
classist in that you need access to technology to use it, and how
dependence on these introduces similar problems as centralization.  Is this
what you meant?

I still interpret the internet as a point to point routing system with
fault management.  When that's not true, we see it as a break.

compared to decentralized
> post offices where users can send an encrypted letter from
> country a to b while the rest can't intercept.)

When you say "can't intercept" here, I don't know how to interpret it.
Letters can be physically followed at a human pace and are poorly secured,
and delivery is managed by government-ordered bodies that can be authorised
to search them.  I've had my mail copied and also opened in transit,
myself.  When I was a kid, I looked inside others' mailboxes for fun.  It's
hard to encrypt an envelope, etc.

I do think postal encrypted messages are really great and it's quite
heartening to read of you doing this.  Far, far easier to hack your network
interface to upload video of your face, than your stack of stamps and
envelopes.

Post offices strike me as centralised, messaging in general decentralised,
maybe I am wrong.

BTW. Not sure if you have access to a good library in