What is Real? was Re: Review Finds No Answers to Mystery of Havana Syndrome

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 15:13:12 PST 2021

On Sun, Dec 5, 2021 at 11:22 PM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/5/21, Stefan Claas <spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> :)

> >> But where is the source code repository for people to combine their
> >> work together?
> >
> > Real Artist in this field have no repositories like GitHub, Gitlab etc.
> > to my knowledge.
> >
> > University Professors in this field have sometimes free software
> > on their webpage or upon request.
>
> This is crazy what you say, is the year 1999?  How did this happen?

I can tell you only what I observed over the years.

> Github presently has over 73 million developers and 4 million
> organizations, codeberg.org has 10k repositories, gitlab has over 100k
> organizations.  Some of those developers must be 3d printing artists
> sharing code.

Yes, sure and those developers doing 3D printing or computer graphics
in one form or another have also repositories there.

> > In the case of my friend Jotero he uses a combination of licensed
> > and nowadays mostly Open Source tools, where he combines
> > techniques usually not found on the Internet to protect himself
> > from copy cats etc. What he does also requires exploring and
> > diving deep into math formulas etc. or parameter sets. and people
> > like these professors were than often surprised at what he could
> > do with their tools and his workflow. Decades ago he wrote also
> > a path tracer, which yielded back at that time awesome results,
> > but he gained also nothing from that, same goes for 3D printing.
>
> Are you saying people are leaving the maker philosophy of sharing
> crafting resources because they aren't haven success as entrepreuners?

No I am not saying this. The maker scene as I understood it in the
3D printing field are doing cool projects, no doubt, but they are to
my knowledge not self-trained and talented artists who produce
artwork, if you accept the term artwork for digital stuff.

> Those things your friend built sound lots of fun.

Indeed.

Since you are a nice person I can give you a little tip, in case
you are interested in. You can program and you know about
computer graphics. If you would write an open source or
commercial software (standalone app) which can either
to 3D texture synthesis[1] or the creation of traditional [2]bas-reliefs,
your life will probably change in a cool direction.

[1] Texture Synthesis in 3D is an international Research field, where
students or professors only release .pdf documents and some of
them have patents ...

3D bas-reliefs are also, if you study this topic a very
interesting market. I developed years ago a technique
to do them, which gave excellent results, which commercial
or open source software could never archive and only
3D Artist, capable of modeling 3D bas-relief had the same
results. I had also a tutorial for that (for free) never made
a dime with that and when I lost it (no back-up) I received
internationally often requests how to do that. You can
check the quality of them at my behance Gallery.

https://behance.net/futagoza

Regards
Stefan