What is Real? was Re: Review Finds No Answers to Mystery of Havana Syndrome

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 13:03:42 PST 2021

On Sun, Dec 5, 2021 at 9:19 PM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/5/21, Stefan Claas <spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah :( sometimes I contact old friends and further alienate them with
> harmful expressions.  It's sad.  But psychotic behavior patterns are
> really interesting, I think they say so much about things that happen
> in our culture and the human condition.  I think a lot of people have
> diverse opinions on this.

Yes, and it happens more and more to people and regarding culture
(in western countries) don't get me started on a whole new topic
and my opinion about this. :-)

> >> The thing or someone like zeynep to do is to collaborate with your
> >> community to pay for a huge disk, and download all the books to the
> >> disk and share them offline with your friends.  This way people
> >> without funds, or who are not yet targeted online, can read things.  I
> >> don't remember the name for this but grarpamp would know.
> >
> > Yes, and for example, regarding a programming language one can do
> > the same, i.e. purchasing a book and code offline.
> >
> > When I was young you could buy programming languages with
> > their manual (in book form). :-)
>
> My early learning developed a lot with books from Waite Group with
> their CDs in the back.  I think I'm younger than you.

Yes, I remember Waite Group. :-)

Well, simply said public domain and I do not have to worry. :-)

> > BTW. Golang folks are highly sought-after people. Me as an old fart,
> > not interested in making money with Golang, have already received
> > 5 well paid job offers (permanent) in different countries, early this year.
>
> Other languages include rust and haskell.
>
> I focus on python since huggingface is trying to use it to take over
> the world more communally than other corps are.  I'm forgetting C++,
> which used to be my favorite language, kinda weird, should maybe do so
> more systems-style coding a little or something.

I like to add, I am not a programmer like you. When I started trying to
learn programming it was when I purchased my Atari 800XL and a
friend gave me an Assembly language cartridge to play with it. An
older person back then taught it to us, but I found it boring and really
time-consuming. Later came Basic and K&R C Language but also lost
interest.

My interest in Golang came from a well-known person in privacy circles
who started many years ago with Golang, I found it interesting and later
noodled around with it. So, when something interests me I do it in Golang.
The advantage for me is that Golang, regarding crypto, has always many
such libraries and I think the language is easy to learn.

What I also like about Golang is that in my city the Golang club has
over 2000 young members, which I think is really awesome.

To add to this I also have no time to dive deep into programming.
I do other things too, like Computer Graphics and 3D printing.

Regards
Stefan