What is Real? was Re: Review Finds No Answers to Mystery of Havana Syndrome

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 12:19:11 PST 2021

On 12/5/21, Stefan Claas <spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Man that's really crummy.  I've done things like that a lot.  I am
>> happy to be your friend regardless of how we might disagree about
>> network topology or whatnot, given you had this experience (for as
>> long as I remember you had it).  Psychoses are crazy.  Note: I think
>> my psychosis might have been a misdiagnosis for multiple dissociative
>> disorders after finding
>> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7001344/ .
>
> Indeed they are (unfortunately) crazy. When I had mine, I was
> completely knocked out, had to stay in psychiatry and lost
> all my friends from the real worl.

Yeah :( sometimes I contact old friends and further alienate them with
harmful expressions.  It's sad.  But psychotic behavior patterns are
really interesting, I think they say so much about things that happen
in our culture and the human condition.  I think a lot of people have
diverse opinions on this.

>> The thing or someone like zeynep to do is to collaborate with your
>> community to pay for a huge disk, and download all the books to the
>> disk and share them offline with your friends.  This way people
>> without funds, or who are not yet targeted online, can read things.  I
>> don't remember the name for this but grarpamp would know.
>
> Yes, and for example, regarding a programming language one can do
> the same, i.e. purchasing a book and code offline.
>
> When I was young you could buy programming languages with
> their manual (in book form). :-)

My early learning developed a lot with books from Waite Group with
their CDs in the back.  I think I'm younger than you.

> My GitHub Golang[1] stuff has no licenses because my opinion is that
> users at home, can do what they want to do with it, which I cannot
> control and if companies would use it I do not give the slightest fuck
> if their IoT stuff breaks, not my problem. No one is forced to use my
> stuff. Should one come with a lawyer I would show them my middle
> finger, because I am not bound by German law or by GitHub requirements
> to provide one. If I had to provide one I would write my own.

Sounds like public domain doesn't protect you if others misuse your work.

> [1] What I like about Golang so much, I can cross-compile for 26
> different platforms, so when I use a Linux version I can cross-compile
> for friends etc. a Windows .exe :-)

I came down to this footnote to find your link to your github :) but
I'm sure it's linked elsewhere on-list.

> BTW. Golang folks are highly sought-after people. Me as an old fart,
> not interested in making money with Golang, have already received
> 5 well paid job offers (permanent) in different countries, early this year.

Other languages include rust and haskell.

I focus on python since huggingface is trying to use it to take over
the world more communally than other corps are.  I'm forgetting C++,
which used to be my favorite language, kinda weird, should maybe do so
more systems-style coding a little or something.