[spam][ot][rambling][crazy] Building a Spaceship Out Of Something Ridiculously Weak and Flimsy

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 04:37:07 PST 2021

I read a few links from
https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/airplane/rockth.html and I get the
impression that the thrust a rocket can produce is going to be a
function of the number of gas molecules produced when combusting its
fuel at its temperature of combustion.

I'm guessing that would be determined by the density of oxidizer in
the fuel mixture and the density of combustible carbon molecules in
the fuel.

So, we might be able to figure out how much tissue paper, toilet
paper, leaves, or cardboard from a dumpster, we might need to make a
rocket engine comparable to one built by nasa, by comparing the
density of combustible carbon molecules in the comparable fuels and
dividing by the ratio of density of mass.