Tor Stinks: TorrentFreak: Movie Companies Want VPNs to Log User Data and Disconnect Pirates

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 19:20:23 PDT 2021

On 8/31/21, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> TorrentFreak: Movie Companies Want VPNs to Log User Data and Disconnect Pirates.
> https://torrentfreak.com/movie-companies-want-vpns-to-log-user-data-and-disconnect-pirates-210830/

Hollywood US movies suck ass, downhill quality since
decades. China etc also owning more of Hollywood.

Stupid pirate scene hasn't evolved much since
days of FTP... some crews are still using it, lol.
They advanced to decrypt Blu-Ray and DVD, screencap,
etc... but still hardly taking distribution seriously.

All they, and all other data distributors and users in
general... news, books, code, video conversations, etc...
need to do is use tor+onioncat+bittorrent
and the entire planet full of all those needing to
distribute all sorts of data securely anonymously (to a
certain level of tradeoff, as is everything in security)
will benefit from the anonymous availablity.
Including totally and permanently avoiding and ending
the Govt Statist Queens Patent License Granted etc
copyright MAFIAA through futility once and for all,
like it or not, it will happen.

Unfortunately, Tor Project is fixated on disallowing its
users any freedom to make their own tradeoff choices
as to how to use and deploy its [formerly] flexible overlay
software as such... with that Tor Project is destroying
users ability to share freely as they see fit. That is quite
bad for enabling of freedom, the very thing Tor Project
claims to be about. The Tor Project is arbitrarily censoring
its own protocols, revoking features, against the needs of
its users, pontificating and claiming ultimate authority over
"security" vs users right to make knowledgeable use case
tradeoffs, and censoring users who make that case.
Hypocrites.

tor should be forked, and v2 onions maintained therein,
until other mass distribution solutions are developed.

Now you're left with things that don't speak or plugin to the
very popular bittorrent... IPFS, I2P, etc. That's fine, newer is fine
and the future, and both TPO and tor will rightly be deprecated
therein, but the full next gen future isn't here yet, nor is a diversity
of well scoped newer operational protocols to choose from.

Cypherpunks.Write.Code.