Morning Spam

Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Thu Aug 26 15:02:09 PDT 2021

On Thu, 26 Aug 2021 17:47:37 -0400
Karl Semich <0xloem at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 26, 2021, 3:03 PM Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 26 Aug 2021 12:38:50 -0400
> > Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Machine Learning
> >

> >         please stop spreading the highly idiotic and toxic idea that
> > there's such a thing as machine 'learning' .
> >

> Man I came up with the character name months ago!  You could have mentioned
> it then.

	Oh that was meant as a character name? My bad, I missed it. Still...

> "The data-based algorithm-weighting technology being called 'machine
> learning' to distract people from the possibility of real automated
> algorithm design."

	it's not a 'technology' either. It's just a programming technique. And I'm not sure what you mean by  "real automated algorithm design".

	Anyaway, computers running some shitty software are not 'intelligent' and they don't 'learn'. Intelligence and the ability to learn only exist in humans and to a lesser degree in other animals.