[ot][spam][wrong] karl's attempt to go outdoors or change his name

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 12:36:32 PDT 2021

I have an issue where, when I make fires, I do this:

- I put wet wood in, and do not remove it when begins stifling the fire
- I put small, easy to burn things on top, and larger, harder to burn
things on bottom.  (Fire goes upward)

The result of these behaviors is that it is very hard to sustain a hearth.
Instead fires burn out quickly, and I end up using up all my tinder as fuel
to sustain them.

The experience of this failure has many parts, but one is related to
impatience and timing.  A good hearth fire, everything is done in a
planning way, not a responsive way.  Impatience doesn't make a sustained
fire, while I have these bad habits.

I also ignore what the fire needs, instead putting in things that are just
barely what it doesn't, with regard to amount of tinder and such.

If I want to try again, I would need more tinder.

I like how gathering tinder lets me move my body.  I get to move my body so
rarely.