[noob] [update] codesynth, my current project

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 10:00:47 PDT 2021

# free source code generator

I bounce from project to project.

My most recent is a simple python package for easing access to language
models that can automatically generate source code.

It's at https://github.com/xloem/codesynth/tree/wip .  The wip branch
contains some crash fixes that were caused by typos, but I haven't merged
it yet because I haven't tested it to fix newly introduced typos.

It can generate code now, though:

# add a few lines of code to file.py
python3 extend.py --model eleuther_demo file.py

Language models work by predicting what will be said next, based on the
words already said.

I think it would be cool to integrate it into a semantenic completion
engine, to make it easier to write software.  You could hit tab to complete
entire functions, etc.

There are a couple existing systems to do that, and some are free (don't
remember them offhand except for microsoft copilot) but they are
proprietary.

I'm hoping by doing this to share the work I do for my struggle to be
productive, with everybody else, as far as I can.