Snowden eviscerates Apple's plan to spy on your photos.

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 13:47:58 PDT 2021

Snowden EVISCERATES Apple's Plan to Spy on Your Photos

|  |  |

|  |
Snowden EVISCERATES Apple's Plan to Spy on Your Photos

Jim Bell's comment:
My vague understanding is that there was a time, at least until 1990 or so, in which a person could shoot 'nakey-pictures' of the kids around a swimming pool, and take them to a developer (they had those, then!!!  Remember Fotomat?), and not think twice about the consequences...because there wouldn't BE any 'consequences'.  (I never did that, myself...).   But one of the things I think we should fear is a company like Apple beginning to act like a 'censor-in-your-smartphone'.
I also recently speculated that there might appear a new form of malware, which had the function of downloading some child-porn, decrypting it, and erasing itself after anonymously reporting the identity of the user of the smartphone.   Most people wouldn't even notice this, and current anti-malware software probably wouldn't detect this.
       Jim Bell