My life on the left - 1971

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 12 04:13:35 PDT 2021

By 1971 I  already had experience as an anti-Vietnam-war veteran. In 1967 I took an issue of RAMPARTS magazine for show-and-tell at my Ithaca NY school.

Almost everyone was shocked by the sight of children with their faces melted by napalm.

One skinhead patriot spat in my face later on.

Back in au I went to the big Moratorium march in Melb. I can humblebrag that I did some activism in every one of the last seven decades if you include this one - the Twenties.

1971 and I was opposing Apartheid in the streets and on the Rugby field at Melb.
Very exciting for a 16 yo!
Soon after this I started looking for books on anarchism.
I still have this HIGH TIMES issue with an anarchist article in it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184890222140?hash=item2b0c50e63c:g:TkwAAOSwBSVgySYi