FreeSpeech and Censorship: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 07:02:21 PDT 2021

> Leftist BigTech Social and News Media has increasingly
> been CensorBanning...

Now they're banning people even just talking about and
documenting the plain fact that they're are in fact banning
people for simply speaking freely... it's like the old filesharing
banning links to links to links.

Rand Paul's site...
https://libertytree.com/

YouTube's "Leftwing Cretins" Censor Rand Paul Video In Which He
Slammed YouTube Censorship

https://www.theepochtimes.com/youtube-removes-2nd-video-of-rand-paul-suspends-him-for-7-days-over-alleged-covid-19-misinformation_3943330.html
https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1425210718568202243

YouTube has removed a second video on its platform posted by Sen. Rand
Paul (R-Ky.) and has suspended him from uploading more content for a
week, saying he violated community guidelines on COVID-19.

    “They are now banning all my speech, including speech that is
given on the Senate floor,” the Republican senator told reporters on
Tuesday.

    “YouTube now thinks they are smart enough and godly enough that
they can oversee speech, even constitutionally protected speech.”

In a Twitter post, Paul called the suspension a “badge of honor,” and
included a link to watch the video on an alternate platform.

The video removed this week included discussions on the origins of
COVID-19, the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party)
virus, and the use of masks to prevent its transmission.

    “Leftwing cretins at Youtube banning me for 7 days for a video
that quotes 2 peer reviewed articles saying cloth masks don’t work,”
Paul wrote.

    A badge of honor . . . leftwing cretins at Youtube banning me for
7 days for a video that quotes 2 peer reviewed articles saying cloth
masks don’t work.

    If you want to see the banned video go to Liberty Tree
https://t.co/gsTUwuLZGL
    — Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) August 10, 2021

The video sharing platform last week first removed a video of an
interview the senator did with Newsmax.

    “This resulted in a first strike on the channel, which means it
can’t upload content for a week, per our longstanding three strikes
policy,” a YouTube spokesperson told news outlets of the decision.

    “We apply our policies consistently across the platform,
regardless of speaker or political views, and we make exceptions for
videos that have additional context such as countervailing views from
local health authorities.”

According to CNN, claims flagged by YouTube included that “most of the
masks you get over the counter don’t work. They don’t prevent
infection.”

Another line that YouTube said violated community guidelines on
COVID-19 was, “Trying to shape human behavior isn’t the same as
following the actual science which tells us that cloth masks don’t
work.”

    “I think this kind of censorship is very dangerous, incredibly
anti-free speech, and truly anti-progress of science, which involves
skepticism and argumentation to arrive at the truth,” Paul added in a
news release Tuesday.

YouTube didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment by The Epoch Times.