Fwd: Public user prediction software?

coderman coderman at protonmail.com
Mon Apr 26 09:21:17 PDT 2021

hello Karl!

my replies below clearsigned as usual,

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, April 26, 2021 6:42 AM, Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Couldn't a user provide their own keystrokes, mouse movements,
> etc and fine-tune a personalised model on their own system?

this would simply be personalization, not behavioral prediction.

all of the behavioral prediction models are based on statistics;
you need a sufficient sample size to make inferences from the
data.

i don't know of any methods that work with a sample size of 1.

if you look at open source projects for behavioral modeling and
prediction, you see they all use large datasets to build the
models.

E.g. https://github.com/numenta/nupic,
 https://github.com/numenta/nupic.core

> But wouldn't it be _better_ to have this data out in the public
> than held privately by marketing and military organisations?

i am not convinced it would be better: consider being a victim
of identity theft. should you just post your personal info out
in the clear, knowing that some are using it already?

no, that'd just make the problem worse.

same with an open source open data privacy invasion system:
 it's still privacy invasive and detrimental!

there are some uses of technology that just SHOULD NOT BE.

i remain open to changing my mind, however :)

best regards,