Fwd: Public user prediction software?

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 06:42:26 PDT 2021

Hi coderman,

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021, 12:44 AM coderman <coderman at protonmail.com> wrote:

> > What is the state of public behavior prediction software?
>
> the core issue with doing this open source, is that you're still
> going to need invasive privacy destroying data collection to drive

Are you sure about this?  Couldn't a user provide their own keystrokes,
mouse movements, etc and fine-tune a personalised model on their own system?

the prediction. even if you could make an open source, open data
> facestab or gaggle YOU SHOULD NOT because it's a privacy nightmare!

Certainly a model that uses many peoples' data would be stronger than one
with only one person's data.  But wouldn't it be _better_ to have this data
out in the public than held privately by marketing and military
organisations?

Then people could tell when they were being profiled, because the data
would be added to a public store.

> Is there any public tool that can help people understand this
> > technology by playing with it?
>
> playing with behavioral profiles and advertising models in the
> context of internet marketing would be an eye opener for most
> people. they are simply unaware of the invasive sophistication
> of these technologies...
>

> interesting technology, even if prone to global scale abuse...

I'm sure there is public technology around behavior prediction among the
research communities already.  It's been around for a while.

> best regards,

I've seen other messages crop up on this list since I last posted but
haven't found the time to read them yet.