FreeSpeech and Censorship: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 09:39:10 PDT 2021

Spotify censors freespeech, drops Rogan vids, Rogan demurs...

Archive them controversial internet tubes,
the internet is being rapidly disappeared...
https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl
https://www.reddit.com/r/datahoarder

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2021/04/06/joe-rogan-spotify-removing-shows/
https://www.theblaze.com/news/spotify-censors-joe-rogan-podcast
https://ew.com/podcasts/joe-rogan-spotify-missing-episodes/
https://www.theblaze.com/news/spotify-employees-strike-joe-rogan-podcast

Spotify Continues Removing Some Joe Rogan Experience Episodes

Spotify is continuing to remove episodes of The Joe Rogan Experience
from its service after shelling out $100 million to bring the popular
podcast exclusively to their platform.

Digital Media News documented that 42 of Rogan's podcasts had been
recently deleted from his catalogue of almost 1,500 episodes, The
Blaze wrote on Thursday.

Spotify hasn't commented on the deletions, which included episodes
with Chris D'elia, Owen Benjamin, Joey Diaz, Gavin McInnes, Eddie
Bravo, Alex Jones and Milo Yiannopoulos. Rogan himself has faced
criticism for statements he has made about the transgender lobby.

In September, numerous Spotify employees threatened to strike over
what they thought were problematics statements made on Rogan's
podcast. "A contingent of activist Spotify staffers are now
considering a walkout or full-blown strike if their demands for direct
editorial oversight of 'The Joe Rogan Experience' podcast aren't met,"
a September report on the strike said.

Either way, Rogan didn't seem to be upset about Spotify's decision not
to move over some episodes. Dozens of Rogan's past episodes with
"controversial guests" like Alex Jones, David Seaman, Owen Benjamin,
Stefan Molyneux, Milo Yiannopoulos, Gavin McInnes, Charles C. Johnson,
and Sargon of Akkad did not make the migration over to Spotify,
according to Entertainment Weekly.

Rogan noted that this was actually part of his $100 million deal,
stating: "There were a few episodes they didn't want on their
platform, and I was like 'Okay, I don't care'."

It remains to be seen whether he knows about the additional deletions.
"They don't give a f*** man. They haven't given me a hard time at
all," he said months ago.

With regard to potential continued threats to strike, we'll repeat
what we said back in September 2020: one wonders why exactly Spotify
should give a shit - especially with millions of people still out of
work who we are sure would appreciate the opportunity to work in a
large and growing tech company and could manage to leave their
political/social-justice-virtue-signaling egos at home.