1984: Starlink First Partner: Local Cops and State Military

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 23:31:23 PDT 2020

 On Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 09:14:36 PM PDT, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

 On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 23:36:03 -0400
grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

>> https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/29/washington-emergency-responders-use-spacex-starlink-satellite-internet.html

>    Cool! So Jim Bell was right! Musko is a Libertarian Randroidic Hero and US Technology is making the world even more freer and perfect!

I think you are (deliberately) misrepresenting what I actually said.  That's called a "strawman".    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man   A good clue is that you don't actually quote me. Go back and quote me.

What I believe I DID say, and what I will say again, is that Musk is putting himself into a position where he could do a great deal of good for libertarian causes, in part by bypassing governments' ability to censor or cut off Internet access.   If he chooses to do so.  And I think, therefore, it is important that "we" (Cypherpunks and pro-freedom people) make sure he is aware that we know what he will be able to do, and what we think he SHOULD do.
As grarpamp just posted:
grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com>To:cypherpunks at cpunks.orgTue, Sep 29 at 10:39 PMHow India Censors The Web

|  |  |

|  |
How India Censors The Web

Update (11th April 2020): This paper has been accepted at ACM Web Science 2020. A preprint can be accessed on ar...

"Nation states around the world engage in web censorship using a variety of legal and technical methods. India is no different in this regard: the Government of India can legally order internet service providers (ISPs) operating in its jurisdiction to block access to certain websites for its users. This makes the situation different from jurisdictions like Iran and China, where internet censorship is largely centralised. Legal provisions in India, namely Section 69A and Section 79 of the Information Technology (IT) Act, allow the Central Government and the various courts in the country to issue website-blocking orders that ISPs are legally bound to comply with. Most of these orders are not publically available."

https://github.com/kush789/How-India-Censors-The-Web-Data
com.censorwatch.netprobesapp
https://getintra.org/
Investigating TLS blocking in India