Cryptocurrency: Costs of Fiat are Unsustainable Not Crypto, VZ Bitcoin Satellite, CloudFlare

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Sat Sep 26 23:11:30 PDT 2020

grarpamp wrote:

> > While I must admit that I am no longer a fan of crypto
> > currencies (huge global energy resources waste IMHO)
>
> And what analysis are people basing that on?

Please do a Google search with this string:

'crypto currency global energy waste' and you will
find various articles.

Not to mention that Bitcoin mining is nowadays for the
average joe user absolutely not profitable.

<https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=40&HashingUnit=TH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=1500&CostPerkWh=0.12&MiningPoolFee=1>

Check the prices, for example, for those Bitmain Antminer's
and compare that when all began and when mining Bitcoin was
profitable.

And regarding privacy, I do not like the fact that on a
Bitcoin Blockchain Explorer everybody can see your account
balance and what transactions you have made.

Regards
Stefan