Wikileaks: Julian Assange - Journalism, Leaks, Collateral Murder, Censorship

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 25 23:26:09 PDT 2020

    On Friday, September 25, 2020, 10:59:30 PM PDT, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

   What's The Difference Between 'Villain' Assange & 'Intrepid' Woodward?
    Lee Camp via Counterpunch.org
  https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/09/25/whats-the-difference-between-villain-assange-intrepid-woodward/
  https://www.zerohedge.com/political/whats-difference-between-villain-assange-intrepid-woodward

  >  The completely fair super awesome trial of Julian Assange continues in the U.K. as I write this. It’s a beautiful blend of the works of Kafka, Stalin and Joseph Heller.

Most people here will be way too old to remember this, but there was the "Pentagon Papers" case in 1971, that pre-dated Watergate by a year or so.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_Papers     The New York Times received some military documents that had been ILLEGALLY copied by Daniel Ellsberg.

The Federal government wanted to enjoin (prohibit) the NYT from publishing that material.  Eventually, the US Supreme Court ruled that the Feds COULD NOT prohibit this publication.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Times_Co._v._United_States

Also, I think nobody was ever prosecuted for this.  They were so embarrassed...
                  Jim Bell