Leaks: Leaking Tips re FinCEN Files Leaked (Not Really)

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 08:09:29 PDT 2020

This event was brought to my attention and this is the first post on it I
found.

It's getting to the point where harm towards kind work has stimulated too
much swelling rebellion for things to stay as they.

I've reviewed the merits of the links at the bottom of grarpamp's email.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020, 8:41 PM grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cl0514elpqet/fincen-files
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FinCEN_Files
>
> https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/fincen-files-financial-scandal-criminal-networks
> https://www.icij.org/investigations/fincen-files/

snip (summary: this information was clearly leaked in a way likely to be
censored.  trust the people, please desperately)

First, push the dataset to IPFS, Bittorrent, MegaUpload, I2P/Tor
> upload sites, etc.

Add a message in your leaks, please, asking others to distribute it in new
channels, and to list any new channels they can add, in their distribution.

You don't need to learn all the channels if you are not tech savvy.  You
just need to reach people who are.

Be redundant like that. Sign your stuff. Include an intent and overview
> README.
> Then post the links on many public clearnet and darknet forums.
> Then send the links to dDoSecrets, Cryptome, WikiLeaks, etc.
> Then last to brick and mortar journos and online rags.
>
> Keep in mind that a good crypted leak and link will never be corrupted,
> sequestered or misappropriated... the journos and sites always are.

This is not because technology and politics are safe yet.  This is because
there are millions of kids out there who drool over disobeying their laws,
and help spread stuff.

> Far better and longer guides exist on the darknets, seek them as needed.

The major portal to the darknet is the "hidden wiki" on tor.  But really
you have to find people and ask them, to really get in.

> Examples...
> https://ipfs.io/

IPFS provides a mathematical proof that the content of a file is correct.

IPFS is easy to access.

IPFS requires somebody to keep a system running for the file to be
accessed.  It works once you get a few people interested in defending the
file.

Hosts are not anonymous with ipfs and can be censored or harmed.

Torrents are more popular than ipfs.  The two can be combined.

https://github.com/facebook/zstd

This appears to be a technical way to compress data so it is smaller.

https://gnupg.org/

This is an old, widely used technical way to prove the content is correct,
prove who you are, and optionally hide the data with encryption.

https://github.com/FiloSottile/age

This is a modern technical way to prove who you are and optionally hide
data with encryption.  I didn't see whether it proves the content is
correct, but it would be normal for it to.

https://ddosecrets.com/

This is a leaking organization that appears to have been very successful at
resisting compromise up until their recent blueleaks leak which disappeared
from their site for me for some reason. They are still defending leaks.

https://wikileaks.org/

Wikileaks is a well known, trusted channel.  Their people have been
targeted by multiple international spy organizations, so it would be
important to leak files publically before sending them to wikileaks if
possible.

> https://cryptome.org/

Cryptome is well respected in this community.  They expressed some time ago
that they were likely also internationally targeted.  They are still
pushing forward.