cypherpunks list archive

Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Fri Sep 18 16:43:15 PDT 2020

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 23:03:28 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> No, I don't recall saying anything about "floppy disks".  It's obvious that by 1995, every CP subscriber would have been running on hard disks, probably of a capacity of a few hundred megabytes.  The "floppy disk' thing is just your own nonsense.

	In your own words, archived here :

	https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2019-November/077316.html

	"There were clearly hundreds of people who subscribed to the CP email list, even as early as mid 1995.  Each of them regularly received copies of posted CP emails, which were presumably reliably stored onto their computers' hard drives, possibly floppy disks, and eventually possibly backup tapes."

	As you can see, the floppy disk thing comes from you. Anyway, floppy disks or not, I think it's somewhat odd that no one provided a backup so far, nor any more information on how the original archive was tampered with.