WikiLeaks: Julian Assange Hearings - Day 9

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:28:57 PDT 2020

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/09/your-man-in-the-public-gallery-assange-hearing-day-9/
https://www.greenleft.org.au/content/john-pilger-stalinist-trial-julian-assange
https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news/2020-09-10/us-demands-hinder-spanish-probe-into-alleged-cia-ties-to-security-firm-that-spied-on-assange.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/29/magazine/inside-americas-toughest-federal-prison.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI3LcmyZSWE with Juan Passarelli
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzG7rBjrMeo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46MffND9aBg

https://mobile.twitter.com/defendassange
https://mobile.twitter.com/stellamorris1
https://mobile.twitter.com/wikileaks
https://mobile.twitter.com/lawyers4assange
https://mobile.twitter.com/deacampaign
https://mobile.twitter.com/khrafnsson

"
40 individuals including MEPs/ NGO representaatives and international
political observers said last night that they had been denied access
as observers to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s extradition hearing
at the Old Bailey.
"

"
Things became not merely dramatic in the Assange courtroom today, but
spiteful and nasty. There were two real issues, the evidence and the
procedure. On the evidence, there were stark details of the dreadful
regime Assange will face in US jails if extradited. On the procedure,
we saw behaviour from the prosecution QC that went well beyond normal
cross examination and was a real attempt to denigrate and even
humiliate the witness. I hope to prove that to you by a
straightforward exposition of what happened today in court, after
which I shall add further comment.
"

"
When I first met Julian Assange more than ten years ago, I asked him
why he had started WikiLeaks. He replied: “Transparency and
accountability are moral issues that must be the essence of public
life and journalism.”
I had never heard a publisher or an editor invoke morality in this
way. Assange believes that journalists are the agents of people, not
power: that we, the people, have a right to know about the darkest
secrets of those who claim to act in our name.
If the powerful lie to us, we have the right to know. If they say one
thing in private and the opposite in public, we have the right to
know. If they conspire against us, as Bush and Blair did over Iraq,
then pretend to be democrats, we have the right to know.
It is this morality of purpose that so threatens the collusion of
powers that want to plunge much of the world into war and wants to
bury Julian alive
"

"
Freedom of the press now rests with the honourable few: the
exceptions, the dissidents on the internet who belong to no club, who
are neither rich nor laden with Pulitzers, but produce fine,
disobedient, moral journalism — those like Julian Assange.
Meanwhile, it is our responsibility to stand by a true journalist
whose sheer courage ought to be inspiration to all of us who still
believe that freedom is possible. I salute him.
"

"
This was really hard to sit through silently for me; goodness knows
what it was like for Julian.
The mainstream media are turning a blind eye. There were three
reporters in the press gallery, one of them an intern and one
representing the NUJ. Public access continues to be restricted and
major NGOs, including Amnesty, PEN and Reporters Without Borders,
continue to be excluded both physically and from watching online. It
has taken me literally all night to write this up – it is now 8.54am –
and I have to finish off and get back into court. The six of us
allowed in the public gallery, incidentally, have to climb 132 steps
to get there, several times a day. As you know, I have a very dodgy
ticker; I am with Julian’s dad John who is 78; and another of us has a
pacemaker.
I do not in the least discount the gallant efforts of others when I
explain that I feel obliged to write this up, and in this detail,
because otherwise the vital basic facts of the most important trial
this century, and how it is being conducted, would pass almost
completely unknown to the public. If it were a genuine process, they
would want people to see it, not completely minimise attendance both
physically and online.
"

https://www.aklagare.se/en/news-and-press/media/the-assange-matter/kan-assange-utlamnas-fran-sverige-till-usa/
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/wikileaks-founder-charged-computer-hacking-conspiracy
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HDrbQE0Hc74/XK-6RER5buI/AAAAAAAAFqQ/uB094S4ChbAnFb6Z6Y_P6Fn6jfk4rz8CwCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2019-04-11%2Bat%2B6.04.26%2BPM.png

80c11049faebf441d524fb3c4cd5351c

Fuck all that.

#FreeAssange

Collateral Murder
Apparent Somali assassination order
Guantanamo Bay procedures
Daniel arap Moi
Tibetan Unrest videos
Scientology materials
Sarah Palin Emails
Killings by the Kenyan police
BNP membership
Congressional Research Service reports
Norm Coleman
Climategate 1 and 2
Barclays Bank tax avoidance
Internet censorship lists
Bilderberg Group meeting reports
2008 Peru oil scandal
Nuclear accident in Iran
Toxic dumping in Africa: The Minton report
Kaupthing Bank
Joint Services Protocol 440
9/11 pager messages
U.S. Intelligence report on WikiLeaks
Baghdad airstrike video
Afghan War Diary
Love Parade documents
Iraq War logs
State Department diplomatic cables release
Guantanamo Bay files
The Spy Files
Stratfor email leak
Syria Files
Prosecution and prison documents for Anakata
Draft Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement IP Charter and later TPP
Investment Chapter
Trade in Services Agreement chapter draft
Australian bribery case suppression order
Sony archives
Trident Nuclear Weapons System
The Saudi Cables
DNC email leak
Podesta emails
Yemen files
German BND-NSA Inquiry
Turkish AK Party emails
CIA espionage orders
Vault 7
Spy Files Russia
ICE Patrol
corrupted broker in France-UAE arms deal
Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repatriation_of_Ahmed_Agiza_and_Muhammad_al-Zery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Rasmussen_Hjelmen
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Trials
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NKVD_troika