Freedom of Speech: Islam Goes Apeshit over Charlie Hebdo Muhammad Cartoons Repub, Quran Eating, and Successful Critical Analysis

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 00:24:22 PDT 2020

Given cryptographic overlay networks are now hosting their
own full social networking stacks on par with today's social
media (albeit slower due to overhead)... sites, profiles, chat, forums,
multimedia channels, tweets, etc... where uncensored free speech
is widely in effect, and enjoyed and valued... what are the expected
results of such freedom 20 years out?
A trigs-spent calmed-the-fuck-down chilled-out no-longer-triggerable
society having by then seen and worked through all the typical stunts.
A no-stunts-left unoffendable rational society,
evolved away from the problems with FSM systems?
Peace loving cryptoanarchic ungovernment?
An opportunity reachable through uncensorable global conversation?
Or no change at all?

Recall 1988 unhingement around one analysis of one particular FSM...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salman_Rushdie
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Verses
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_Verses
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Quran

And 2006 and 2020...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Hebdo
https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/art-culture/129406/charlie-hebdo-republishes-cartoons-depicting-prophet-mohammed/

As to news from today...
Apparently Sweden is now melting down, again, in part after
some free speech has perhaps exposed what many say is
the inherent nature of some "FSM's of peace"...

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/16457/sweden-violence-crime
Sweden: The Violence Is "Extremely Serious"
Authored by Judith Bergman via The Gatestone Institute, 9/9/2020

   Things in Sweden have now deteriorated to such a degree
   that on August 29, the Swedish police [43]published a
   statement titled "The trends in violence are extremely
   serious." It said:

     "Recently, there have been serious incidents and serious
     acts of violence linked to criminal networks, in which
     several people have been murdered and others seriously
     injured...

     "In Stockholm, two people were murdered in the past week,
     and in Gothenburg, criminal groups have tried to
     demonstrate power by controlling vehicles entering
     certain districts. Earlier in August, an innocent
     12-year-old girl was murdered... [during a gang
     incident], and in other parts of the country there are
     conflicts between various criminal networks and other
     ruthless crime, as well. On Friday night, a violent riot
     also occurred in Malmö where several police officers
     were injured..."

   Sweden's National Police Chief, Anders Thornberg, made what
   sounded like a plea for help from the rest of society:
   "Swedish police are in a tough operational situation. It is
   now a matter of society joining forces behind the police,"
   he [44]said.

     "We will continue to fight organized crime with all the
     tools we have available. Other good forces in society,
     everything from municipal officials and civil society to
     law enforcement agencies and not least the general
     public, also need to focus on facing the current
     situation. The police must ensure that the criminals are
     arrested and can be prosecuted. The criminals need to
     disappear from our streets and squares so that no more
     ruthless crimes are committed...

     "The everyday life many police officers face when they go
     to work right now is worrying and very tiring. We work
     intensively, around the clock, despite this, the severe
     violence continues. The police are there 24 hours a day,
     365 days a year. We do not give up and we do not back
     down, but the situation is currently very stressful."

   The police statement did not mention that [45]two
   boys were raped, tortured and nearly buried alive in a
   cemetery close to Stockholm. The atrocity added to the
   growing number of so-called "[46]humiliation crimes". These
   are crimes where the victim is not only robbed, but also
   violently humiliated to demonstrate the power of the
   perpetrator. Another such humiliation crime, for instance,
   took place in Gothenburg in October 2019, when a criminal
   gang [47]forced their victim to kiss the gang leader's
   feet, while they filmed him. After that, they stomped on
   his face until he lost consciousness.

   [48][IMG]

   "Sweden is losing control of its own territory," Ivar Arpi,
   a Swedish columnist, recently [49]told the Danish
   newspaper Berlingske Tidende.

     "These heinous crimes and humiliations are connected to a
     ghetto culture... Journalists do not like to write about
     it, politicians do not want to talk about it and
     researchers do not want to touch it. There is a
     systematic ignorance."

   In the riot that took place in Malmö on August 28,
   an [50]estimated 300 people burned car tires, shot
   fireworks and threw stones at the police. The riot occurred
   close to Rosengård, a so-called "vulnerable area",
   populated mainly by immigrants. Video footage posted to
   social media showed the rioters [51]shouting "[52]Allahu
   Akbar" and "[53]Jews, remember Khaybar, the army of
   Mohammed is returning" -- a reference to the massacre of
   the Jews of Khaybar by the Islamic prophet Mohammed and his
   followers in the year 628, in what is today Saudi Arabia.
   The Official Council of Swedish Jewish Communities released
   a [54]statement in reaction to the riot, saying:

     "Unfortunately, this is not the first time a crowd has
     chanted similar threats against Jews in Malmö. The
     Council of Swedish Jewish Communities takes this incident
     extremely seriously and calls on the police and other
     responsible authorities to prosecute those individuals
     who have thereby committed incitement against an ethnic
     group."

   [55]According to Swedish media, the riot was a reaction to
   the burning of a Koran earlier in the day in one part of
   Malmö and the kicking of a Koran in a central square in
   the city by followers of the small Danish anti-Islam
   party, [56]Stram Kurs. The leader of the party, Rasmus
   Paludan, has previously [57]toured Denmark with his
   anti-Islam protests.

   Paludan's demonstrations frequently feature a "Koran
   stunt." In it, he either throws a Koran around, burns it or
   puts bacon on it. Dan Park, a Swedish street artist, who
   has been [58]convicted of inciting hatred against an
   ethnic group, had invited Paludan to Malmö to participate
   in a demonstration. Paludan was [59]stopped at the Swedish
   border and denied entry by Swedish police,
   who [60]told him that he was banned from entering the
   country for two years.

   "We believe that his actions and freedom of entry would be
   a threat to fundamental societal
   interests," [61]said Mattias Sigfridsson, Malmö's Acting
   Police Chief. Asked whether the decision did not go against
   the freedom of expression, Sigfridsson said:

     "We see it as the opposite. We do our utmost to protect
     the democratic values <U+200B><U+200B>that exist. The public
     gathering for which we have denied permission today would
     have been a danger to safety and order at the event".

   "I think it is those who react to what I do, who constitute
   a threat," Paludan [62]told Swedish media. The decision
   to ban Paludan's demonstration was upheld by the Swedish
   Administrative Court. It held that while the freedom of
   assembly and demonstration are constitutionally protected
   rights and that there is therefore a very limited scope to
   refuse permission to demonstrate, the threat from the
   demonstration was so serious that it justified banning him.
   The Koran burning that ensued despite the police decision
   happened in contravention of the ban. Three
   people [63]were arrested and charged with incitement,
   reportedly for kicking around a Koran in central Malmö.

   In the Gothenburg suburb of Angered, a criminal gang set up
   roadblocks and manned them with masked armed men who
   checked the identities of people driving in and out of the
   area. [64]According to Berlingske Tidende, the
   roadblocks were set up by a gang centered around the Ali
   Khan family, who deal in financial fraud and other crimes.
   The clan has been reported to the police more than 200
   times but the police have had to close almost all cases
   because the gang threatens the victims and witnesses to
   stay silent.

   Also recently in Gothenburg, a teacher at the Lövgärdes
   School reported two armed men moving around outside the
   school and notified the police, but by the time they
   arrived the men had disappeared. When the teacher drove
   home from school later that day, [65]he was kidnapped and
   beaten.

   The leader of the main Swedish opposition party,
   Moderaterna (The Moderate Party), Ulf Kristersson, now says
   that he wants to make it a crime to be member of a gang.

   "Several children have died only this year in stabbings and
   shootings," Kristersson [66]wrote in a Facebook post.

     "This weekend, two boys were subjected to terrible
     atrocities in a cemetery in Solna for an entire night. On
     Tuesday, a teacher in Gothenburg was kidnapped and beaten
     after contacting the police.

     "What we now experience almost daily is not normal -- not
     for Sweden or for Europe. Almost all of us who live here
     know that. The development is destroying Swedish trust
     and cohesion, the violence is threatening the system. The
     criminal gangs terrorize entire residential areas and
     kill children and adults who happen to be in the way.
     They set up their own roadblocks and control people's
     everyday lives. They are like Sweden's domestic
     terrorists -- and must therefore be met with the full
     force of our democracy. Pattern-breaking measures that
     really lead to change, not just adjustments in the
     margin.

     "Sweden should start by making it a crime to be part of a
     criminal gang, in the same way that it should be a crime
     to be part of a terrorist organization. It would thus
     give the police new opportunities to act against the
     activities we have seen in Gothenburg in recent days,
     such as establishing roadblocks or arranging meetings in
     which various criminal gangs participate."

   In other news, the Västra Skrävlinge church in Malmö was
   recently [67]vandalized seven nights in a row. Windows
   were smashed and statues broken, including a statue of
   Jesus that was smashed to pieces. The perpetrators are
   unknown, but the Sweden Democrats Party in Malmö
   has [68]asked the Church of Swedish to look deeper into
   the matter, adding in a [69]statement:

     "Considering the vandalism of Västra Skrävlinge Church
     that we have seen and the systematic vandalism we see in
     our cemeteries, this is an area that the Church of Sweden
     must work with. Unfortunately, there is a grudge against
     Christian culture among certain groups and the Church of
     Sweden in Malmö cannot be passive while the Christian
     cultural heritage is vandalized."

  42. https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/16457/sweden-violence-crime
  43. https://polisen.se/aktuellt/nyheter/2020/augusti/valdsutvecklingen-ar-synnerligen-allvarlig/
  44. https://polisen.se/aktuellt/nyheter/2020/augusti/valdsutvecklingen-ar-synnerligen-allvarlig/