Anonymity Networks and Developer Determination

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 16:25:55 PDT 2020

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020, 6:36 PM coderman <coderman at protonmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

The above relation was shared by someone who appears to be a new ipfs
developer, over two years after the Tor integration work started, after it
was _completed_ and _used_ in other forks.  A lead ipfs developer named
whyrusleeping had collaborated with the Tor development and supported it
throughout that thread.  whyrusleeping's name is all over the source code
everywhere; the turn-down due to security-auditing concern was expressed by
a guy who's name I do not recognise, and whyrusleeping made no further
comments.

Possibly they had a dev meeting without Tor representation and haven't
revisited the issue.  (It's also possible some random guy just made a
comment that ended the discussion, too, from my perspective, since I
haven't looked them up.)

It looks like all parties are taxed and upset at this point.  Obviously we
need both Tor and new tech to be usable and supportable.  I wish I knew how
to contribute.

(I have problems forming certain kinds of new memories that started before
I learned golang, so I was pretty frustrated with my ability to contribute
when I first commented on that issue years ago.  I just don't understand go
sourcecode.  It's so weird.  I could do it with a lot of slow effort and
tutorials, or maybe a quick reference that translated to another language
and libraryset)

> best regards,

Thank you for your modeling of anonymity.  We all need to do this, to
protect each other and our important work, and spread behaviors that do
that.