Censorship: ShadowGate Documentary Banned by FaceBook and YouTube

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Wed Sep 2 00:03:32 PDT 2020

On 9/2/20 01:59, jim bell wrote:
> Be VERY cautious about buying the larger-capacity USB drives, say 128 GB
> to 1 TB drives.   Unless you buy a few name-brands, like PNY, Sandisk,
> Samsung, it looks like the majority of the devices are fake.  What they
> do is to re-program the devices (which were probably weak or defective
> to begin with) to make it look like they have far more capacity than
> they really do.  If you try to write to them, at some point they will
> simply over-write the much-smaller capacity that they really have, which
> might be 4 or 16 Gigabytes
>
> There are free programs which check these devices to see if they
> actually have the capacity they claim.

Personally, I swear by Micro Center branded devices, they seem to be
quite reliable for the price point. Not too long ago I rolled the dice
with some no-name 16 GB disks from Amazon (at about the same price point
as Micro Center's media) I was intending to use as boot media, and other
than being rather slow even for USB 2.0 and identifying as "VendorCo
ProductCode" they are decent.

I'm hearing modern DVD+R/DVD-R media can be a bit more finicky, though,
particularly the dual layer variants.

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com